– 1 pumpkin squash (1 kilo), cut in half, seed lists removed
– olive oil
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 2 tsp chili flakes (to taste)
– 1 thick clove of garlic, pressed
– 200 g feta, crumbled
– 30 g flat parsley, finely chopped
– 8 slices of frozen puff pastry, thawed
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 to 2 teaspoons of nigella seeds
– salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 210 ° C and place a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the halved pumpkin on the baking sheet with the cutting edge up and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes until the flesh is tender.
3. Allow the pumpkin to cool slightly and scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place in a large bowl. Add chili flakes, cinnamon, garlic, salt and pepper and mix everything together.
Then carefully stir in the feta and parsley.
4. Divide the filling into 8 portions (weigh the whole and divide by 8, so that you get equally large portions.)
Form a portion of sausage and place diagonally on the puff pastry. Fold the two opposite points of the dough over the filling towards each other and stick with a little egg; the filling remains uncovered at the ends. Repeat this with the rest of the puff pastry and the filling. Place the flaps on the baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with nigella seeds. Bake the flap for about 25 minutes, until the flap is golden brown. Allow the flaps to cool slightly before serving.