– 6 oz. (3/4 cup) butter, room temp.
– 3.5 oz. (1/2 cup) superfine sugar
– 9 oz. (2 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
– Raw sugar or large-granulated sugar for coating (1/2 cup is plenty)
1. With a paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add all of the flour in one go and let it mix until the mixture resembles a crumb texture. (You can also do this step by hand. Rub the flour into butter and sugar until crumb-like.)
3. Dump cookie mixture onto a clean surface and continue by hand.
4. Lightly knead and work the crumbs until it forms a dough.
5. Shape the dough into a long rectangular prism.
6. Sprinkle raw sugar onto wax paper and roll the dough in it. After the dough is coated with sugar, transfer it onto plastic wrap and set it in the fridge or freezer to firm for about 30 minutes.
7. Slice the dough into a 1cm thick square and place on a cookie sheet.
8. Preheat oven to 325F and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.