Easy peasy No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars with just three healthy ingredients – and then plenty of chocolate on top! Quick and easy recipe
These No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars could have been ridiculously healthy. The base is made of melted peanut butter and a bit of coconut oil, plus plenty of jumbo oats for chewy deliciousness.
Then I had to go and put a LOT of chocolate on top. I mean really… just look at how thick that chocolate layer is!
I made these No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars before a long-ish walk – it felt like sustenance was required (even though we stopped for lunch and a cocktail too!). They’re kinda like a flapjack, but with peanut butter and a bit of coconut oil instead of the butter, they’re full of protein and super tasty too!
I FEEL like a broken record but I used Callebaut milk chocolate to top these bars and it is so so delicious. I just placed another order from Makro – I buy it in bulk so it lasts for months. So so good! They’d also be nice topped with Dairy Milk though or whatever your favourite chocolate is!
✨✨✨I lovvve recipes with peanut butter. Smooth or crunchy, did you know that peanut butter melts right along with chocolate or coconut oil in a microwave? I love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip flapjacks are I N C R E D I B L E !
- 450g jumbo oats
- 200g peanut butter – crunchy or smooth – your choice! If it’s a really thick peanut butter you might need a bit more coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 300g milk chocolate
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch, or similar, brownie tin with butter or coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine your peanut butter and coconut oil, and melt together in 30 second intervals on high power.
- Once they’re completely liquid and combined, stir in your oats. Mix well, and tip into your square tin. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon (if it’s sticking, dip in some coconut oil first).
- Put the oat mixture to one side.
- In a heatproof bowl in the microwave, melt the milk chocolate on 30 second bursts of high power, stirring after each one. Pour over the bars, spreading out with a spoon (and creating swirly patterns if you like)!
- Pop into the fridge to set – they should be ready to cut in under an hour. Store in an airtight tin on the counter – or in the fridge if its very hot.