So hearty, so comforting, and so easy to make right in the crock-pot with just 10 min prep. Easy peasy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
Place sausage, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beans, oregano and bay leaves into a 6-qt slow cooker.
Stir in chicken broth and 2 cups water until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Stir in spinach until wilted.